10 Tips Every Mineral Owner Should Know
As a mineral owner, figuring how to sell mineral rights for maximum value can be difficult. Our goal at US Mineral Exchange is to inform mineral owners. Here are 10 tips you should keep in mind when trying to selling mineral rights for maximum value.
1. Documentation: If you want to sell mineral rights for maximum value documentation is key. You need to be able to show mineral rights buyers proof of ownership. Having your deed, lease agreement, division order, royalty check stubs, and other documentation together is extremely important. Providing this information up front is what allows US Mineral Exchange to get you the highest value for your property.
2. Avoid Common Mistakes: Many mineral owners fall into the same traps. We can help you avoid these common mineral owner mistakes when you sell mineral rights at US Mineral Exchange. Our expert team will be with you each step of the way to help you avoid making the wrong decision.
3. Understand Value: Before you sell mineral rights make sure you know the basics about mineral rights value. We have a number of articles that cover mineral rights value. In addition, you can reach out and ask for a free consultation if you need more information about the value of your property.
4. Market Value: When mineral owners list their property for sale, they usually have a number in mind they wish to sell mineral rights for. It’s important as a mineral owner that you are able to adjust your expectations to the reality of the market. Mineral rights value is determined by what a buyer is willing and able to pay today for your property. We cover the market value of mineral rights so that you can get familiar with how value is determined.
5. Sell Half?: If you’re in a position where you need to sell, keep in mind that selling half is an option. You don’t have to sell 100% of your mineral rights. You can decide to sell any portion of your mineral rights you choose. If selling half of your mineral rights would help you meet a financial need there’s nothing wrong with doing that.
6. Don’t take the First Offer: This should be probably be number one on our list! When you get an offer to sell mineral rights, don’t accept the first one. It’s highly unlikely that the first offer is the best offer. When you list mineral rights for sale at US Mineral Exchange you can evaluate multiple offers from buyers all over the country. The key to getting maximum value when you sell mineral rights is to get your property in front of a large number of buyers.
7. Unsolicited Offer to Sell Mineral Rights: If you got an offer to sell mineral rights in the mail, this offer is extremely likely to be far below market value. These offers make it easy for you to quickly accept by signing the enclosed form. Mineral owners sell below market value all the time because the process is so easy! Don’t fall into this trap!
8. Seek Professional Advice: Many mineral owners make the mistake of trying to sell mineral rights on their own. There are literally thousands of companies who purchase mineral rights. Many have a small online presence or none at all. To get maximum value you need to work with professionals who can get your property in front of the entire market. When you list your property at US Mineral Exchange you’ll gain exposure to a huge network of qualified mineral buyers.
9. Option Agreements: If you are presented with an option agreement, this is a huge red flag. Legitimate buyers rarely use option agreements to purchase mineral rights. Anyone who tries to convince you to sign an option agreement is likely trying to flip the property to a real buyer for significant financial gain.
10. Ask for Help: If you have questions about your mineral rights, seek expert advice. At US Mineral Exchange we hear from mineral owners every day. Simply fill out our free consultation form and one of our friendly staff will be in touch within hours to help answer your questions.
We provide these 10 tips every mineral owner should know to help you better understand your mineral rights. At US Mineral Exchange we are solely focused on helping mineral owners get the maximum value for their property. Learn more about US Mineral Exchange and see why we’re the #1 trusted company to sell mineral rights.
Contact US Mineral Exchange:
If you have questions about your mineral rights, we’re here to help! We speak with mineral owners every day and we look forward to hearing from you. Please don’t hesitate to fill out the form below with any questions and our friendly team will respond quickly.
Many mineral owners make the mistake of finding a couple buyers and requesting a quote. They then accept an offer far below market value because the buyers they found weren’t the ones willing to pay the highest price. When you list at US Mineral Exchange, it allows all the buyers to come to you which means more cash in your pocket. We frequently speak with mineral owners who have an offer in hand but want to know if it’s fair. After listing at US Mineral Exchange, they get a higher offer than the one they had almost every time.