Why Sell Mineral Rights or Royalties?
Selling mineral rights or oil and gas royalties can be a smart choice. Clients will often sell to meet a short-term cash need or to fund a long-term goal like retirement. Some are tired of managing the tax reporting that goes along with receiving oil and gas revenues. Others are no longer interested in tracking the revenue associated with small royalty positions. In some cases, there are options to take a guaranteed payout on mineral rights today vs. royalty income from a producing well in the future.
- Have you considered selling only half or even a third of your rights?
- What if you had some cash today but left yourself the option of royalty income in the future?
- Have you considered hiring a certified mineral manager to manage your oil and gas income?
- Have you hired a CPA who is knowledgeable in oil and gas tax law?
- Have you considered leasing your minerals instead of selling your minerals outright?
Our mission at US Mineral Exchange is to assist our clients with answers to their questions and provide them with a marketplace for selling or leasing their oil and gas mineral interests. US Mineral Exchange was created for the small independent oil and gas interest owner who wants to sell or lease their minerals and would like access to a nationwide marketplace of qualified buyers.